Sunday, February 12, 2012

Banana Nut Muffins

There is nothing more comforting than fresh baked muffins, but these muffins are even better the next day. I make them with whatever fruit I need to use up, whether it be banana, blueberries, peaches, etc. The fruit is best for these when it is just past the point of eating fresh, but not to the point that it has to be thrown out. Really over-ripe fruit works best. I have requests for my muffins all the time from my co-workers and fellow train commuters. The recipe is one I have used for years, even before I became vegan. It has been my tried and true recipe, and once I made the switch to vegan, this was probably the first non-vegan recipe that I converted. The vegan version is much better than the original, and through my experience, the vegan versions of any recipe are always superior to the original non vegan version. I have been asked for the recipe many times, but this is one that you will have to wait for. My plan is to publish a cookbook, and this will be one of the entries.

No comments: